Watching the Wild Boy Grow

a fairly up to date description of our favorite lil man

Friday, February 20, 2004

hullo folks and fans!
long time no see.
the weather here has been ..well for portland it's been like somewhere else...it's been sunny,warm, and perfect for taking Spencer outside to check out the world around him.
and he LOVES it.
But suffice it to say that carrying his rather wide load around in the Gerry Pack takes up QUITE a bit of energy to say the least.
so..now while he takes a nap I will forgo mine and let you in about our little man.
Ever since he has learned to pull up on things, he has realized..hey there are things on the walls!!
Pictures of this beautiful handsome lovely baby..who is he?
hee. and more chris and I have several art prints and random knick knackery that we have found at garage sales, and it's total eye candy for him.
He loves having things pointed out and explained to him, like the birds on the japenese story boards we have hanging ( a steal I might add at 6 dollars for three lovely hardwood prints..) the clock, well just everything. He just looks looks looks and soaks it all up like the little sponges that all children are. I cannot wait to take him to the museum, like my dad used to take me.
Portlands Musuem is no Nelson Art Gallery but art is art...fun and nessesary to endulge in.
He also can turn the tv on and off.
I am nonplussed about this pitcular talent, but hey he's seen us do it, so I guess he still gets a merit badge right?
A ham at all the stores, babbling at the highest range mommy and daddy will permit.He defintely understands dada too...he won't say it unless chris has entered the room.
I anxiously await my calling...but it is a delight to hear all sounds and coos goos and chrrrruuuussssshhhh sounds he makes.
Eating solids is going well...he still likes about everything and tried rye bread for the first time today. he loved it.but i think i mentioned he loves all bread so far.
well I'm going to close for the moment...I can hear the little monster stirring. He is on such a good schedule and has just fallen right into it.Hardly a whimper when I lay him down to sleep at night.
Oh my angel...have I mentioned lately how much I love him?
I do I do I do.
until next time ( and if we get some rainy weather it will be sooner...; ) )
mamaJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home