Watching the Wild Boy Grow

a fairly up to date description of our favorite lil man

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Okay so the heart offically stopped today.
Spencer has been getting better and better at dismounting. From chairs, the steps at the jungle gym, and finally, the bed. It is, you might guess, the tallest of the three mini mountains.
Usually, no, everytime he has tried this feat, I have been on the outer side of the bed, arms ready.
Well today the lil man thought he had the plan, but got out of mama's reach at the end of the bed. We had been reading "Cars and Trucks...A to Z" ( bannannamobile, apple car,etc.) a present fave, and he just whipped around and very confidently tried to get down from the bed.
Well, as I cried out " Wait, wait for Mama!" no that was more like "WAIT! WAIT! WAIT FOR MAMA!" he had lost his purchase and bumped his precious little head on the endboard, and for a shining moment I thought, and I know he thought that he was still going to at least balance on the floor.
No.
"THUMP!"
His little self fell back and a big bump on the noggin.
His big blue eyes, even BIGGER.
Scared me, but I tried to keep my cool, everything's fine everything's fine...you know the drill.
With trembling hands I picked him up and coddled him, a little breastfeeding and some soothing words, and you know, hey, he was climbing off my lap in 10 mintues.
SIGH.
This will happen again.
I felt like I was going to throw up I was so scared.
But he bounced( no pun intended ) back in a flash.
And recieved about 15 goldfish,6 grapes, 1 1/2 cups of milk, and some strawberry jello ice cubes.
I'll guess that had something to do with quick recovery too, and I know not to consle with food.
But for this first time, those big blue eyes made even bigger from surprise that he could be hurt, even when trying to do something that had been so fun......oh I don't care he could have asked for pizza and ice cream and I would have given it to him.
Okay I just had to share my terror.
ha.
?
Spencer is fine fine fine by the way.
Mama, ehhhhhh.....not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home