Watching the Wild Boy Grow

a fairly up to date description of our favorite lil man

Sunday, July 18, 2004

While waiting for our beloved ( ahem ) computer to restart ( AGAIN ) I pulled down a little notecard and wrote this for Spencer L. :
 
Dear Mr. Louis Kautt Smith:
               You are hearby deemed the grand poohbah of cuteness. This title pertains to and includes both the benifits and obligations of the entire universe as we now know it to be.
                           Thank You,
                                                     Sincerly,
                                                                             Your Mama
 
Well I hate to say it, but it's TRUE! Okay I don't hate to say it, but a lot of you readers have children and well, we all want at some time to achieve the above letter, but alas Spencer Louis Kautt-Smith has luckily been awarded the title.
 
Our man has been focusing on walking lately, covering all possiblities at learning.Cuising the wall, pushing a little cart around the living room and finally the little crawl/drag that borderlines on standing up and having the whole thing conqured once and for all. He is very determined and I have probably lost 5lbs ( some of it I owe to the un-portlandesque summer we have been having ) and a small percentage of sanity. I never thought that I would become an overprotective mother, I always just kind of rolled my eyes at the mama grabbing her baby while he was trying to move and groove away.I am now that mother. And while I have probably saved a few bumps and bruises, I have to admit to feeling guilty for possible stunting his mastering of the task. I have assigned myself to laying off a little in this up coming week, and who knows?
He also can point out and say diaper ( diee pah ) when he needs one, still adores nothing but fruits and vegetables ( with the occasional pasta or chicken ) . And cheese of course. ANd blueberry pancakes. okay maybe he likes a little of everything, but  that's good. We have been watching his calorie intake everyday since our last well visit showed us that maybe Spencer wasn't as much of a "big boy" as we thought. We would be great to be in his position, anytime he remotely implies that he is hungry, Chris and I jump to give him the fattiest( yet healthy) gnosh that anybody no matter the age could want. He was just about 5lbs under, but still. Still still still.
Over the last month, we've also been coloring a lot, Chris and I have that is, showing Spencer that the colors, although astsically pleasing are not for eating. We've got  a few good lines on various toys and what have you, and of course I deem that they are signs of an early Pollack.
What else could they be?
Also this summer he has aquired a small tamborine, and a four note primary color explsoion of a piano.
The boy dances when ever he can, and most of all likes to shake an old perscription bottle I filled with macroni to the song : "        
 
                            Shake, shake.
                            Shake the macaroni.
                            Shake, shake.
                            Shake it like it was baloney,
                            Shake, shake.
                            Shake the macaroni.
                            Shake the macaroni cuz it's supah cool!
 
   Destin to become a classic huh? Well Chris at least gets it in his head at work from time to time and me. Well I operate on a completly different syntax now when it comes to language. Beware the next time we meet in public!
          But it makes Spencer happy and that is certainly enough. I was never much of a chit chatter anyway.
          I'm going to close now, try and get a shower in tonight, as I forgot how nice they were last night. ( AHEM )
take care all, and yes your son or daughter may apply for a position in Spencer Louis Kautt-Smith's Court of Cuteness if they so desire.
ox
mamaj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home