Watching the Wild Boy Grow

a fairly up to date description of our favorite lil man

Thursday, August 25, 2005

LEGUME V. NOSTRIL ( II )

It looks funny I'm sure, but under very much the same circumstances, Spencer Louis Kautt Smith stuck another pea up his nose, despite all previous warnings. But this time, his mother was a little more prepared a little more on top of the situation. I had just looked down in order to stab at my piece of fish stick ( hey I sometimes eat what he eats at dinner...is that bad parenting? Plus, I make a killer tartar sauce.)when I heard the whoosh of a small vegatable being inhaled. My mind tried to reject it, but my hands promptly ( but gently ) grabbed Spencer's chin, tilted his head back- ( the pea was larger this time, which sounds bad, but in turn made it easier to see, more tangible ) and pushed the pea out of his nose. He was talked to very briefly, allowed to finish dinner and then it was strait to bed. I'll suppose his punishment was no bath. Odd, I wonder how long that will last until taking a bath becomes the punishment. As of yet, he is still Lil Mr. H20. Very clean baby indeed.
And very musical. the boy loves to sing! Really he knows several Mother Goose rhymes by heart( sing a song of sixpence anyone? ), a very complicated Thomas the Tank Engine song that he sings while swinging. ( something I love as used to sing/swing when I was little...) and he has even started to make little songs of his own, although when he realizes that someone is paying attetion, he quites up. Don't intterupt the artist you know. 90% of his days are spent being a ham to anyone who will listen to his assesments of the world. He is truly a beautiful little monkey right now, his big fat curls in his face causing him to shout in a sing-song voice, "The hair is getting lllooonnngggg!"
HE seems to want to hug or cuddle everyone that will allow him, and is constantly in need of boo boo kisses from mama for boo boos that have faded long ago. He has had a few boos boos though, both falls- my heart stopping his lovely little face dotted with a scrape and two tiny bruises. He has recieved enough boo boo kisses on those instances to last him a life time but I will doll them out WHENEVER they are needed.Days with a toddler are truly " I looked away for one second and...the next thing you know ( insert funny/endearing/horrifiying thing here) I only looked away...." Worry not though, he rarley has a moment that he is isnt' being looked at by someone.
Which brings me to my closing blog anecdote, Spencer and the little girl who he plays with, Justine have finally become "playmates". That is to say they enjoy sharing food, swimming, and parrell playing. And of course dumping each others toys out when one is at the other's house, if that makes sence. But they are very cute together, and Spencer is genuinley happy to see Justine instead of being to screech like a banshee when I suggest that we go see her. Her mom is also super cool. We have a lot of the same views on parenting, and I swear everytime I see her, there is a moment where we are hysterical with laughter. It's good for the babies to see I think, there parental units looking like loons.

until later-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home